Seattle

Seattle
Beacon Hill

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Picture of the day project


In efforts to re-establish taking photos on a daily basis I'm starting a new project known as the picture of the day project.  This project does not entail posting everyday, but does require a once weekly post.  This is a personal challenge to myself.  The rules are as follows: shoot in jpeg, no alterations of photos whatsoever (no lightroom, photoshop, etc), and finally be creative/have fun!

The photo above was captured 8/11/2011.  This is a photo of a good friend and coworker doing what he does best....well trying to at least, which is fixing tires.  As he was showing me what had punctured the tire I was able to snap a photo off.
The photo above was me just me messing around this morning with another project of mine.  Eventually I plan on refurbishing this old marine knife used in vietnam.  I had a good talk with a good friend the other day who, probably without knowing it, has really pushed me to start taking photos again and start posting them.  More than anything my friend really wants me to explore more in photography and improve my style.  For this I thank you, you know who you are. 

So this is the beginning of the picture of the day project, which as I say the project name again and again the more I dislike it.  Hopefully by next post I'll have some new creative name for this project I'm doing.  Thanks for viewing!

1 comment: